Hi - I have been dyeing seriously for several years, less so going back to 1996. I taught one class to a group from my quilt guild four years ago, and learned a lot from that! (What not to do.) Now I'm doing some one-on-one teaching and will be teaching something at a quilt retreat in three months. I'm considering teaching dyeing at the retreat, because there are no facilities at the quilt shop where I teach sewing-related classes.
Thoughts I'm contemplating:
- teach people who've tried dyeing before rather than newbies?
- facilities - different than at the home studio
- pricing the class
- build a kit of tools, fabric
- discussing weighing vs volume for dye stocks
- teaching quilters - thoughts
I saw Pro Chem offers a discount for teachers advertising their classes, so I plan to take advantage of that.
Thanks for your thoughts and imput.